Tuesday, September 27, 2016

God Mind Map

After doing this assignment on the characterization of God, I learned many different things and I think differently about God than I did before. I thought that this assignment was very enjoyable because I was interested in learning about the story of Genesis and what God was like. As I read more and more, I got many different ideas and different opinions about God, God's personality, and God's actions. As I read, there were many times I stopped to think about what the text was telling and showing me about God and I continued to learn more about what kind of character God really is. Before reading this, I thought of God as a very happy and understanding person. After reading this, my thoughts slightly changed and I do not think of God as such a perfect, innocent person anymore. I began to think of him more as a selfish and cruel because of many of the things he did, such as putting all living things in danger and needing everything to be exactly how he wanted. For this assignment, we were told to read Genesis 6-9 and find examples of God's indirect characterization. I enjoy doing work with indirect characterization because I do not find it very difficult and It really helps me better understand different characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment