Sunday, October 16, 2016

Is Our World Real?

After reading the article, Are We Living in a Computer Simulation,  it does make you question whether or not our world is real? I actually think it would be very hard to just go on if I didn't believe our world was real. At the annual Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate which took place at The American Museum of Natural History, this controversy was discussed.  It really is impossible to test whether we are all part of a computer simulation.  David Chalmers, a philosophy professor at NYU said, “You’re not going to get proof that we’re not in a simulation, because any evidence that we get could be simulated." I know that I am not very mathematical but there are so many different things that come in to play in human life and there are so many people in the world, how can this be part of a game?  I just don't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment